United States Visa Types
You can apply for all the available US online visas with VisaHQ depending on your needs and nationality.
United States ESTA For Tourism
The ESTA for tourism is for visitors from any of the 40 eligible countries coming to the US for tourism, vacation, or family visits. This leisure entry permit covers visits to the Mainland, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Holders can stay in these areas for up to 90 days per visit and may enter the US as many times as they wish because it is a multiple-entry visa.
It was launched in 2009 to facilitate quick trips and to boost the tourism industry for visitors who qualify for the visa waiver program. The ESTA tourist visa requires a valid passport and a return ticket back to your country or place of residence.
United States ESTA For Business
Business persons are not left out, as they can also apply for ESTA. This document is designed for consultants, representatives of companies and organizations, investors, entrepreneurs, and guests coming for business-related activities. You can use the ESTA for business to enter the US to negotiate contracts, attend meetings and guess events, settle estates, and do any business activity that will not earn you direct remuneration.
The ESTA for business is issued as a multiple-entry document which means you can use it several times, but please note that it can’t be used in place of a work visa. Persons who intend to work should visit the nearest US mission to apply for a work visa instead.
VisaHQ can not assist travellers applying for Nigeria visa services with non-passport travel documents.
Regular processing is not currently available. Only Rush service will be available at this time. VisaHQ may be unable to provide visa services for government contractors in particular cases.
From March 15, 2021, the Chinese Embassy in the United States will provide the facilitation for visa applicants inoculated with Chinese COVID-19 vaccines (having taken either two doses of inactivated vaccines with the stipulated gap in between, or a single-dose vaccine at least 14 days prior to the application) and obtained the vaccination certificate.
Applicants are required to obtain specific approval for their essential travel to China. Applicants will need to contact the entity or company they will be visiting in China to coordinate issuance of a specific visa approval letter/ invitation letter, called a PU letter. This will need to be issued by the Provincial Foreign Affairs Office in China and made out to the appropriate consulate or embassy.
Additionally, if you hold a valid residence permit stamp in your passport that was issued prior to March 28th 2020 and that expired after this date you can now apply for a new visa to reenter China as long as you plan to resume your employment/residency there and have documentation supporting this. No PU letter will be required for this process.
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for
A visa is not required for this destination.
- Check visa
The United States Visa Policy
The visa policy of the US is clear about the requirements and conducts of foreigners who wish to enter the country or those who are already within its borders. The policy is a set of requirements for foreigners coming to the US for different purposes to end the conditions they must meet to remain in the country and for how long. According to the immigration policy of the US government, all visitors must obtain a visa from any of the United States foreign missions abroad unless they are from any of the visa-exempt countries or qualify for the Visa Waiver Program by virtue of their nationality.
This visa waiver rule applies to visitors coming not only to the mainland USA but the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, and Guam. These territories have the same visa waiver conditions, but American Samoa has a different policy.
The Department of State of the US offers up to 185 different visas, but they all fall under two categories; the nonimmigrant and the Immigrant visa. The nonimmigrant visa is a temporary visa for business, family visits, transit, and for work, while the Immigrant visa is for permanent residency in the country.
When visitors pass through border control checkpoints, their passports will get an l-541 stamp if they are entering as permanent residents, which is valid for one year, and they will also get a green Card. Non Immigrant visitors do not get this stamp or green card.
US Visa Waiver Program
The United States has a special visa Waiver Program for citizens from selected countries. There are currently 40 countries on the US Visa Waiver Program, and persons from these countries do not need visas to stay in the US for a short time. However, they are still required to apply for an entry permit called the Electronic Authorization or ESTA once they arrive. An ESTA allows an eligible visitor to stay up to 90 days. If they choose to spend time in Canada, Bermuda, or Mexico, the days will be added to the days spent in US territories. Time spent in any of the Caribbean islands will also be calculated.
You should know that the ESTA is not a visa but a prerequisite for persons coming from the above countries as long as they are nationals and qualify for the visa waiver program. Applicants are expected to pay an application fee for it, and if approved, there is an additional fee they must pay. ESTAs last up to 2 years after the issue when the holder’s
passport expires, or whichever comes first. It can be used multiple times for visits, and new applicants are advised to apply for it at least 72 hours before their trip.
Furthermore, the trip must be made by air or sea using a commercial Carrier participating in the ESTA program. If you travel with an unapproved carrier, you are not eligible for ESTA. Also, note that it can be sued by land travelers as well.
Currently, eligible visitors who have dual nationalities with some countries cannot get an ESTA.
Unless you are a diplomatic passport holder, military personnel, or legitimate business person; if not, you will have to apply for a consular visa instead.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country on the visa waiver list
- The applicant can only enter the US on an approved carrier
- Their passport must meet the requirements of at least 6 months validity from the entry date
- They must show proof of funds
- They must show proof of accommodation
- They must have intention of remaining in the US permanently or beyond approved number of days
- They must not plan to seek employment during their time in the country
The EVUS Electronic Travel Authorization is just like the ESTA, but this one is designed strictly for Chinese passport holders who already have valid B1/B2 visas. With this visa, they can enroll in the EVUS program. EVUS is just like ESTA, as it can be used for land, sea, and air trips.
- The applicant must be a Chinese citizen
- The applicant must have a valid passport
- The applicant must already have a valid B1/B2 visa issued by the US embassy in China
- The applicant must have no plans to seek employment while in the US
- The applicant must have no plans to remain in the US permanently or beyond the number of approved days
- The applicant my must show proof of funds
- They must have a ticket for the return trip
Key Information About The United States ESTA and EVUS
Here are a few pieces of information to bear in mind before submitting your e-visa application for the US
- If you are from a region with a high Covid infection rate, you are required to get the Covid vaccine and present a certificate to that effect or provide a negative PCR certificate for a test taken at least 72 viruses before your arrival.
- Your e-visa or EVUS is linked to your passport, so endeavor to travel with the same passport used for the application, not a different one.
- If you are traveling with a minor, you need a birth certificate or a parental consent signed letter depending on your relationship with the child.
- EVUS should not be confused with ESTA. While the former is for visitors from many other people, EVUS is strictly for short term visitors coming from China. Without a valid Chinese passport you cannot apply for the United States' EVUS permit.
- All applicants must pay the application fee before they can submit their forms for processing. Application fees are paid online using a credit or debit card not with cash
- Unless under special circumstances, ESTA and EVUS permits cannot be extended. The Department of State is the body responsible for approving extension applications.
- You cannot apply for any of these entry documents while you are inside the United States; you can only apply for it when you are outside the borders of the US
United States Visa Online – Get your United States e-Visa with VisaHQ
Did you know you can get a United States online visa with VisaHQ? You can get a valid online travel document if you are from an eligible country using our trusted platform, like many other international visitors to God’s own country.
How To Apply For A Visa With VisaHQ
Applying for an online visa with VisaHQ has to be one of the easiest things you will ever do. Here are the steps to take.
Fill out The Application Form: The first thing to do when you log into the application page is to choose the visa you want and then fill out the application form. Ensure that all your information and details are accurate and correspond with the information in your documents.
Attach the Documents: The second step is to attach the required documents. Make sure they are all valid and meet the requirements you have chosen. Submitting a fake document will lead to the outright cancellation of your application. Once you are done, submit the application for processing.
Get The Visa: The Department of State of the United States will process your application, and if it satisfies all the conditions, the e-visa will be forwarded to your email. Print out a copy for reference purposes.
Why Choose VisaHQ?
You should choose VisaHQ as your preferred online platform for your e-visa applications for the following reasons.
- Safe and secure platform
- Protect your sensitive information
- Easy application process and user-friendly platform
- Track your application online at any time
- Apply for multiple visas at once
- Get technical support when you need it
These and more are what you stand to enjoy with VisaHQ. So waste no more time; visit our application page now to complete your form.
United States of America COVID-19 travel restrictions
- Entry is openArrivals from any country can enter United States; COVID-19 public health emergency came to end.Prior to arrival requirementsValid passport. Valid national passport with at least 6 month remaining validity after the date of departure.Valid visa. Please see the instructions above if visa is needed and apply.Upon arrival restrictions😷Masks are required in some public places in some states.