Romania Visa Types
The following are the four primary categories of visas that may be obtained from Romania:
- With this visa, visitors may wait at the international terminal of a Romanian airport for their next trip. Those who want to transit via the Romanian airport may apply for the Romania Airport Transit Visa (A Type).
- Holders of this visa are permitted to transit through Romania for a period of up to 5 days while on way to another country. The Romania Transit Visa (B Type) may be obtained at the Romanian Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
- Romania Short Stay Visa (Type C): This visa, which is granted for a variety of reasons including tourism, private visits, business engagements, participation in sports, cultural, scientific, or academic events, official government missions, and transportation, is designed for stays of no more than 90 days within a timeframe of six months.
- This visa has a maximum validity of 90 days, but its aim is to offer entrance into Romania for individuals who are looking to secure a longer stay via a Romanian residence permit. Although this visa has a maximum validity of 90 days, its purpose is to provide admission into Romania. Individuals who have been given a residency visa are able to stay in the nation for extended periods of time for reasons include work, furthering their education, or reuniting with their families. It is essential to be aware that if you visit Romania with a visa valid for a stay of less than 90 days (type C), you will not be eligible to apply for a Romanian residence permit.
- nTourist visanot required
- nBusiness visanot required
Visa is not required for nationals of this country with a biometric passport for a maximum stay of 90 days within a 180-day period
All travelers arriving in Romania from permitted destinations who have been fully vaccinated from Covid have been exempt from quarantining on arrival since. Those who submit a PCR taken no fewer than 72 hours before entry must quarantine for 10 days.
Visa application form. Fully completed application form.
Passport copy. A clear scan of the information page of your valid, signed passport. The passport must be valid at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the destination country and has at least 2 blank visa pages.
Passport-type photograph. A digital passport-type photograph taken within the last 6 months. This may be taken using a cell phone against a white wall provided if it meets the standards of a passport-type photograph.
Proof of Employment. Hold a valid work contract in countries outside Romania. Must proof of employment that is outside of Romania that can be performed, managed or supervised using digital means (laptop, internet etc.)
Certificate of Employment. Employment (full-time or part-time) outside Romania or ownership of a company outside Romania for at least 3 years before submitting the application.
Employment letter. A copy of a letter from your employer on business letterhead, with contact details, purpose and duration of the trip and that you will be returning to your current job. If you are self-employed, please include a copy of your business license and tax return and a declaration explaining the nature of the applicant’s stay in Romania.
Company profile. For Business owners: Company profile or Memorandum that states the company information.
Business registration. A copy of the applicants organization's Certificate of Incorporation or business registration in the country of origin.(If applicable)
Proof of Financial Support. Proof of earning: Present a valid proof of income for the last six months which should be three times the Romanian average gross salary of 6,095 LEI – nearly €3,700 or $4,170 per month.
Proof of accommodation. Proof of accommodation that shows a proof that you have a place to stay in Romania.
Health insurance. Proof of international health insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000, specifically covering travel to Schengen states is required. The policy should cover all expenses for repatriation, emergency medical aid, and hospital treatment for the period of stay. Applicants can get a free quote and purchase valid travel insurance from our affiliate.
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for
A visa is not required for this destination.
A visa is not required for this destination.
Sounds good! What else do I need to know while planning a trip to Romania?
- First, check the current validity of your passport.
- Second, make sure your passport has blank Visa pages.
- Confirm if transit visa is required for any connections.
Check with your airline in case you have connecting flights overseas as part of your journey to Romania. It may be the case that countries you pass through en route to your destination may require a separate transit visa. Please refer to visa requirements of the specific country
- Check visa
Romania Visa Policy
The Romania Visa Policy consists of the laws and regulations that citizens of other countries must abide by in order to enter Romania. A person's ability to enter the nation is contingent on their compliance with all mandatory restrictions. A valid visa is required for admission into Romania for all visitors.
To enter any country, citizens of other nations are required to first get a visa, which is an official document. A valid visa is required for entry, residence, and exit from the nation. A visa is attached to a traveler's passport via adhesive or a stamp.
Individuals of different nationalities are subject to different requirements under the Romania Visa Policy. A valid visa may only be obtained by adhering to all the requirements outlined in the Romania Visa Policy. The restrictions change based on variables such as the length of a visitor's stay, the nature of their trip, etc.
There are just a few different types of visas that may be used to enter Romania, but the tourist visa and the business visa are the most common. Visa requirements for entering Romania vary on the reason for the trip.
Romania's Visa Policy states that all foreign nationals need a visa to enter the country. Citizens of nearly 110 nations, territories, and regions may visit Romania visa-free. Argentina, Brazil, Fiji, South Korea, Chile etc. are only a few examples.
Soon, Romania would be one of the 27 EU members. To enter Romania, citizens of countries now free from requiring a visa will need to apply for an Electronic Travel Information Authorization System (ETIAS) prior to their trip. Europe's electronic travel authorization and information system, or ETIAS for short. This visa waiver system will prescreen all foreign visitors to Romania to ensure that they do not pose a health or security danger to the country, as nationalists from the visa-exempt countries may enter Romania and stay for up to 90 days.
Romania's Visa Policy guarantees all citizens of European Union member states the right to enter and remain in the country for an unlimited period of time. They should just provide a legitimate form of identification with their picture on it.
According to the Romania Visa Policy, citizens of more than 35 nations and areas of the globe need a visa to enter Romania. There is no way for them to get a visa upon arrival or via an online application. Visitors from certain countries (including North Korea, China, Iraq, Chad, Cameroon, etc.) may be refused admission if they haven't secured a visa in advance of their trip.
Exemptions from Romania Visa Requirements
In addition, if you fall into any of the following categories, you won't need to submit an application for a Romanian visa valid for short visits (for stays of up to 90 days) since you won't be required to do so.
- Possess either a valid visa for a short visit, a visa for a long stay, or a resident permit that was granted by a Schengen member state.
- Possess either a valid visa for a short visit, a visa for a long stay, or a resident permit granted by Bulgaria or Cyprus.
- A legitimate European Union (EU) residence permit for long-term residents that was granted by a nation that is a member of the European Union (EU).
- You must be in possession of a permanent residence visa that has been granted by either the United Kingdom or Ireland and must have a validity period of at least five years.
- If you are a non-European Union (EU) family member of a citizen of Romania, the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), or Switzerland. Only couples, children younger than 21, and parents who are financially dependent on the EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen are eligible for this benefit.
Please be aware that the length of time you are permitted to remain in Romania is determined by the number of days left on the validity stamp on your valid Schengen, Bulgaria, or Cyprus visa. To give you an example, if your visa was valid for 20 days but you only spent 10 of those days in another country, you are only permitted to stay in Romania for the remaining 10 days of your visa.
Romania Visa Online – Get your Romania E-Visa with VisaHQ
You may be familiar with the nation of Romania in southeastern Europe since it is the location of the area known as Transylvania. Romania is located in the Balkan Peninsula. On the other hand, Romania is famous for a great deal more than that, while the country's gothic castles and medieval cities surely contribute significantly to the country's allure.
If you are a citizen of a country other than Romania or if your trip to Romania is for a reason other than tourism, you may be required to get a Romanian visa before you go there. By automating parts of the visa application procedure, Romania has, thankfully, made it easier for applicants to get Romanian visas.
How to obtain a Romania E-Visa with VisaHQ?
Obtaining a Romania E-Visa through VisaHQ is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few easy steps. Here's a breakdown of how to secure your Romania E-Visa using VisaHQ:
- Access the Application Form: Begin by visiting the VisaHQ website and locating the Romania E-Visa application page. Choose the specific type of e-visa you require and carefully fill out the application form with accurate and complete details to prevent any potential rejections.
- Document Submission: Attach the necessary documents as per the requirements for the selected e-visa category. Ensure that you provide all the requested documents to facilitate a smooth processing of your application.
- Application Processing: Once you've submitted your application and documents, the processing phase begins. This typically takes a few days. VisaHQ's system will manage your application, and you'll be notified via email once your Romania E-Visa has been approved.
- Receive and Print: Upon approval, you will receive your E-Visa via email. It's essential to print out a physical copy of your E-Visa and carry it alongside the passport you used for the application when traveling to Romania. This document is required for entry and exit purposes.
By following these steps, you can efficiently obtain your Romania E-Visa using VisaHQ's user-friendly platform, ensuring a hassle-free travel experience to Romania.
Why Use VisaHQ?
VisaHQ offers a compelling array of reasons for your visa and travel document needs.
- Security and Trustworthiness: With an unwavering commitment to security, VisaHQ ensures your personal information is safeguarded throughout the process.
- Effortless Application: Our streamlined application process guarantees a quick and convenient experience, saving you time and effort.
- Supportive Services: VisaHQ provides comprehensive support to applicants, addressing queries and concerns promptly to enhance your journey.
- Decades of Expertise: With over twenty years of industry expertise, VisaHQ's seasoned professionals navigate the complexities of visa applications seamlessly.
- Global Reach: We cater to a wide range of travel destinations, connecting you to the world with efficiency and reliability.
Romania COVID-19 travel restrictions
- Entry is openJamaica is open for arrivals from most countries. Domestically, restrictions vary between regions, with touristic areas more relaxed.Prior to arrival requirementsValid passport. Valid national passport with at least 6 month remaining validity after the date of departure.Valid visa. Please see the instructions above if visa is needed and apply.Negative COVID-19 test. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken at most 3 days before departure from the first embarkation point.Upon arrival restrictions🏠Quarantine. Those testing positive will be required to quarantine for 14 days😷Masks are required in public spaces and transport.