Be advised that delays may occur for certain applicants, which may extend the processing time by several days.
Former Cameroonian citizens are required to turn in their old Cameroonian passport. Applicants that no longer have their passport should submit a letter addressed to the Embassy of Cameroon explaining exactly where, when, and how the passport was surrendered. If the passport was lost or stolen, please submit a copy of the police report filed for the passport. Additional documents may be requested by the embassy.
Additional required documents for minors (under 20):
- Birth Certificate. A copy of the applicant's birth certificate.
- Letter of Consent. A NOTARIZED letter of consent signed by both parents, specifying who will be traveling with the child and authorizing the Consulate to issue a visa to the child.
- Parents' Proof of Status. If the parents of the minor are of Cameroonian origin, the parents' ORIGINAL Cameroonian passports and copies of their US immigration documents (Green Card, I-20, etc) must be provided. If the parents are not of Cameroonian origin, a copy of the passport information pages must be provided.
- Third Party Proof of Status. If the minor is traveling with a third party of Cameroonian origin, the party's ORIGINAL Cameroonian passport and copies of his or her US immigration documents (Green Card, I-20, etc) must be provided. If the third party is not of Cameroonian origin, a copy of the passport information pages must be provided.
Multiple entry visas now require a prior approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cameroon. Visa validity and duration of stay are at the discretion of the embassy.
The Embassy of Cameroon is closed every Tuesday and Thursday.
Cameroon tourist visa is required for citizens of Turkey.
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for tourist visas to Cameroon.
Additional steps you may take:
- Check the current validity of your passport and the availability of blank visa pages
- Contact the nearest embassy or consulate of Cameroon
Take advantage of our extensive embassy and consular database to find the nearest one. Upon contacting the embassy confirm the required documents, the time it takes to process the visa and whether the consulate accepts applications by mail.